GlobeCore is a member of the American Wind Energy Association (AWEA), and always tries to find solutions to the urgent problems in the industry.
Among the tasks are: increasing reliability and extending service life of wind turbine transformers. These transformers convert the voltage of turbine generators for power lines. They are positioned within the tower or near the tower base.
Recently one of GlobeCore CMM-4/7 units started operation on a wind farm in Canada. This equipment is designed for degassing, removal of free and dissolved water and solids from insulating oil. Also, it heats the oil before filling transformers and other electrical equipment. The secret to high performance of the CMM units are the activators that contribute to instantaneous evaporation of gases and water from oil.
The unit is compact and mobile. It quickly services the wind turbine transformers located in remote areas.
CMM units are available with a wide range of additional options:
- additional vacuum system for evacuation of transformers;
- two-stage refrigeration system to increase the efficiency of the vacuum system;
- moisture sensors at both input and output;
- remote control and process monitoring;
- thermal insulation;
- metal container;
- special room for the operator;
- mounted on wheels;
- trailer or semitrailer.
GlobeCore equipment for maintenance of wind turbine transformers:
- Improves alternative energy transmission;
- Extends the lifetime of the transformer;
- Saves money on purchase of new insulating oils.